Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
‘the school’ means St Margaret’s School (SMS) and Berwick Grammar School (BGS).
- I/we agree to pay promptly all fees and other money due to the school in respect of the child enrolled by the due date unless otherwise arranged. Fees are subject to alteration at any time. Parents will be notified in writing of any such alteration. The fee scale is set as an annual amount charged in four instalments in a year. In the event of the default of the parent/s in the payment of school fees and charges the parent/s shall pay to the school on demand all costs including without limitation all legal costs (on a solicitor/own client basis) all mercantile agents fees incurred by the school in recovering or attempting to recover all amounts outstanding and payable to the school including any dishonour or bank fees incurred by the school relating to the payments made by the parent/s from time to time.
- For efficient communication and for your application to remain valid please notify the school of change of address or telephone number.
- Priority is given to application in order of receipt with preference given to existing school families and past students.
- Principal’s interview with both parents and the student will be arranged prior to enrolment. Confirmation of a place is effected by the payment of the Acceptance Fee, Foundation Fee and Alumni Fee paid by the due date as outlined in the Letter of Offer, unless otherwise stipulated. These fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
- Parents must return all Student and Family Information Forms together with the Acceptance of Student Place form. The Student and Family Information Forms are also to be returned promptly at the commencement of each year. Failure to return appropriate medical information can result in the student’s exclusion from school until the forms are received. The school is to be immediately notified of any changes to student’s health/medical state.
- Parents must provide a copy of their child’s Immunisation History Statement from Medicare, which should be returned together with the Acceptance documentation and Fee. No child may commence until their Immunisation History Statement is provided.
Withdrawal / Cancellation
A term’s notice in writing to the Principal is required prior to the withdrawal of a student from the school or a full term’s fees are payable in lieu of the required notice. The Principal reserves the right to discontinue a student’s attendance at either St Margaret’s School or Berwick Grammar School. Should enrolment be cancelled prior to commencement, the Acceptance fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
The National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act require the school to advise all families, future, current and past of the need from time to time to disclose personal information to other people providing services to the school or others who provide information related to your child’s educational needs. Information such as medical and personal details of students and their families will be held by the school, before and during the course of the student’s enrolment. The school will also hold information to assist with maintaining the school’s past student database.